DOC Major Web Sites (Definition) must include the following links:
- A link, called FOIA, to information made available under the Freedom of Information Act. The FOIA link can be either to the Department's FOIA web site or to the Operating Unit's FOIA website.
- A link to http://www.USA.gov;
- A link, called Information Quality, to the Department's or the Operating Unit's (as appropriate) Information Quality Guidelines;
- A link, called either "About Us" or "About [Your Operating Unit or Line Office]," or "About DOC," to a page with links to the following :
- summary statistical data about equal employment opportunity complaints filed with the agency and written notification of "Whistleblower" rights and protections, as required by the No FEAR Act of 2002. This can be done either through a link to the Department of Commerce No FEAR Act web page or through a link to an Operating Unit No FEAR Act page;
- the Department's strategic plan and annual performance plans;
- descriptions of the Department's organizational structure, mission and statutory authority
- the agency point of contact for small businesses as required by the Small Business Paperwork Relief Act of 2002, at the Commerce and the Small Business Paperwork Reduction Act Web page; and any specific cross-government portals or links required by law or policy for your Operating Unit.
All Department of Commerce Major Web Sites.
Purpose:This policy implements "Policies for Federal Public Websites," issued by the Office of Management and Budget on December 17, 2004
Deadline for Implementation:
December 16, 2005
Two sample About Us pages have been provided.
August 25, 2008: Implemented revisions as approved by WAG.
February 6, 2008: Corrected Formatting.
September 14, 2005: Approved. This policy combines two previously-existing policies with new OMB requirements relating to links, thus creating a single multi-part policy on required links. The two unchanged and incorporated previously-existing policies are: Links to DOC Home Page and Links to Organizational Home Pages