Office of Civil Rights, US Department of Commerce

EEO Mediation Guide

What Can You Do if You Believe the Department is not Adhering to the Terms of the Settlement Agreement?

If an employee believes that the Department is not carrying out the terms of the settlement, the employee must notify the Bureau EEO Officer or Director, Office of Civil Rights in writing within 30 days of the date he/she first became aware of the alleged breach. The employee may request that the complaint be reinstated at the point processing ceased or that the Department be ordered to comply with the terms of the settlement. If no breach is found, the employee will be notified of his/her right to appeal that decision to the EEOC.

Previous | Next | Back to Contents

OCR Home | DOC Home | Resources | Publications | Contact OCR | Links | Privacy | Disclaimers
US Department of Commerce, Office of Civil Rights, 1401 Constitution Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20230

We welcome your feedback on this site. Please e-mail comments and suggestions to MMausser@doc.gov

Page last updated: Friday, January 24, 2003