Department of Commerce employees have until Friday, December 12, 2014 to complete the updated 2014-2016 No FEAR Act briefing that is located in the Commerce Learning Center (CLC).
The Department of Commerce is committed to providing a safe, professional, and productive environment for all employees. The Notification and Federal Employee Antidiscrimination and Retaliation Act of 2002 (No FEAR Act) requires Federal agencies to become more vigilant with respect to violations that may occur as a result of antidiscrimination and whistleblower protection laws.
The No FEAR Act requires Federal agencies to train their employees every two (2) years to ensure that DOC employees understand the Act and other laws making discrimination and retaliation in the workplace illegal. This mandatory training requirement is intended only for Federal employees who, for purposes of the Act, are defined as individuals employed in or under a Federal agency. Both career and political employees fall within this definition of a Federal employee.
This No FEAR Act Briefing 2014-2016 is mandatory for all DOC employees. It can be accessed through the Commerce Learning Center at the link below. Allow 30 minutes to complete the briefing.
- Log on to the CLC at https://doc.learn.com.
- Be sure you are on the Main Commerce Learning Center page of the CLC. Click on the “No FEAR Act Briefing 2014-2016” link under the “Commerce Announcements” section.
- Click on “Click here to launch the course…”
- After viewing all the slides, close the course frame window and click “Exit” to record your completion in the CLC.
- It is not necessary to print your certificate of completion, but should you wish to do so, click on “My Transcripts” under the “My Training” heading drop-down, and click on the certificate icon to view and print your certificate.
Employees experiencing technical difficulties or having trouble getting logged in to the Commerce Learning Center should contact their bureau CLC Administrator at https://doc.learn.com/files/upload/DOC/clcsupport/engage.html.